Saturday, April 10, 2010

Let's go fly a kite--uh--and try to come out on top in the fight.

Just a couple days ago, I caught sight of a young mourning dove (cute!) hanging out on our balcony rail. I didn't want to startle it by going outside, so this was the closest I could get. I really enjoy taking pictures of animals...hopefully in the future I can get much more closer up too.

Today, I went to go fly kites with the folks. We went to my old elementary school. Sorta surprisingly, an unstoppable wave of school days nostalgia fell over me. I had to take a picture of one of my favorite spots to play with during recess in third grade. Man, it sure doesn't look like much, but back then, it was a very ungoing source of entertainment. I used to bring my dinosaurs, frogs, and turtles (All toys--I don't have my own Jurassic Park, yet.) from home. Great, great memories.


Here's Dad. Dad likes to fly a kite.


Dad tries to make it fly. The kite falls.


Dad gets the kite to stay up. Go, Dad, go!




Just a couple more pictures of the kite. Because it was so sunny, I really couldn't hardly see what kind of picture I was getting of the kite. Nonetheless, you get the idea.





Once again, couldn't see at all, so the face that I snagged the kite at all was good enough for the likes of I. What a cool kite! It's like the friendly version of Mothra.


But before I go, it's been far too long sense I put something gross or weird on my blog, so I'm throwing in my banged up thumb for no extra cost. This is the result of very foolishly trying to stop my kite handle, which is more or less like a fishing reel.
As the wind took off with the kite, I didn't know how to try to hinder its progress. Without thinking, I used my hand (and thumb, obviously) to try to slow it down. Kids, DON'T do it. It hurts and messes up your thumb.
I guess the funny-esque thing was I didn't even realize what I had done until the damage was already done. Truth be told, this wasn't a huge thing, but I didn't want to simply write: "I hurt my thumb." That's just boring.

These didn't come in too well, but you get the idea. There goes my shot at getting uniform cut/shaped nails once again...
Until next time... Same blog time. Same blog channel!!
Another childhood favorite memory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jgE-lrfZ3k&feature=related

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad you all made it home alive.

Mary Anne said...

It was a close call, sis. Dad almost lost a limb or two too.

Thanks for commenting!! It's so good to hear from you. Love and miss you incredibly a lot!

Chelsea said...

I don't really know how I found this--but I friggin' LOVE it! Well, I don't love that you sliced your finger. But your blahg is exquisite. You're the cutest, Mary Anne. Really.

Mary Anne said...

I don't know how you found it either, but very glad you did! Ha ha! Nice to know you don't condone violence. Really? Aw, thank you so much! Shucks... =) Well,

I love the way you write! Very clever and witty.