Friday, July 15, 2011

What Makes Me Happy


So, what makes you happy? There's so much more I could put down, but these are the ones that most easily come to mind:

Hearing thunderstorms


the sound/smell of rain


the smell of freshly-baked bread


the sound of laughter


making people laugh (on purpose)


reading a book that never lets go or you can't put down


watching a favorite movie or show


all of my family and relatives--especially when we're together and having fun/laughing


my beautiful niece and two handsome nephews


The Gospel


my life and for all that I have


my friends


my jobs


teaching


drawing


being wacky


making fun of a cheesy movie


playing an amazing game


BBC version of Pride and Prejudice


singing my face off when I'm alone


Razia's Shadow: The Musical


The Beatles


Queen


where I live--the scenery


fishing


bundling up in a warm, thick blanket


updating my blog (Yes, it occasionally happens)


hearing/singing along to a song I love


eating super-tasty food/treats


eating something someone prepared for me--my mom's/sister's cooking


when people accept me for who I am


writing creatively


my smile and eyes


my health


having time to myself, my our family dogs


the barking bed


the really random-weird laugh my mom and I like to demonstrate on each other


Harry Potter


animals


giraffes


baby animals


a clean room or car


a clean/primmed me


giving or receiving a hug


being better at something than I thought


facing and overcoming a challenge


quotes (from movies, books, people)


getting Simpson quote texts/calls from James


getting texts from loved ones


talking to my grandpa


calling or getting a call from Lisa, Chelsea or Mom


when the Spirit 'gets' ya'


helping someone and making them feel less stressed after


being called 'Miss Trunnell' by my students


when a student 'gets it'


thoughtful, life-changing comments and notes


my laugh


when I sing with others


when Phil beatboxes


watching The Wonder Years or Pete and Pete with Phil


Gracie barking in her sleep


words--seriously--I love looking at, revising, pondering meanings, origins, and just how they look


decompressing (as Bella would say, "Having a human moment."


sushi


looking at someone you know loves you back just as much


weird/funny noises


having my very own computer (thanks to my exceptionally rad mom)


when something/someone cheers me up


when Gracie lays next to or on me or burrows under the blanket with me


making something (edible or crafty) and having it be half-decent


making others happy


making others smile


when a boston terrier 'wags' its tail


being busy--not back-breakingly so


having my own room and bed, having my own car


having enough money to comfortably live and support myself


being myself


knowing what I have the potential to become


reading Lisa's, Chelsea's, and Mom's blogs


reading kid's books


Dr. Suess


Christmas


Halloween


dressing up--and for Halloween/for fun too


finding shoes/pants that actually fit me


feeling special (the good kind)


earrings--the more unique the bettah


Nathan's personality and how close we are


reminiscing of when I was a kid or sharing stories from our child as a family


thinking about or seeing my old toys


thinking about my grandma (her laugh, smile, generosity, love) and when she would hold me and rock with me


when things are on sale


and when people read and COMMENT on my blog!


*****************************************************************************

It really is worth it to take a moment and ask yourself what makes you happy. I like it because it helps one learn more about you and see what matters most to you.




Thanks for reading! And remember:


If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice, positive and thoughtful list of what floats your boat, Mary Anne. I really liked looking over your updated blog and listening to the music. Don't ever stop writing. Its an important part of who you are and what you are becoming.

Love you, dear one.

Dad