Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Do Re N' Mi (Translation: Dory and Me)

Disclaimer: Unfortunately, this post really doesn't feature me in photo and/or text. I just thought the post title was mildly clever.

This is my a'Dory'ble new niece, (you guessed it) named Dory.
I was privileged enough to see her just this last Saturday and Sunday while visiting cousins/family in Glendora, California.


It's the story
of a girl named Dory
who--

Naw, just kidding, but she kinda looks like she is singing in the above pic.

Anyways, I'm so happy I got to finally see my sweet little niece. Thanks Lisa, for flying all the way out there with her so we could all meet and get to know her!


It looks like she's saying, "C'mere, lemme show yeh somethin." in the picture above.


She's a way well-behaved baby, and she has such a beautiful face/smile and quirky expressions. I fell in love with her when she first smiled-which she, thankfully, liked and kept doing!

I couldn't (obviously) get enough of her (or taking pictures of her). She even does a crooked smile (sadly not caught on camera yet) that's to die for! It's way unique and so cute! Edward lovers, eat your hearts out!

In case you needed any other reason or argument of why my niece is the most adorable, sweet, and boss baby ever in existence:
.
.
.
.
.
.
Get ready...
.
.
.
Here it comes.
.
.
.
Can you tell yet how much I love to brag about my niece?
.
.
.
.
Ready to smack me for making you scroll down/wait so much?
.
.
.
.

AW!!!

Can't wait to see more of you, Dory--not to mention the rest of your equally awesome family later this Summer. Thanks for making the beginning of my Summer so memorable and special, Lisa and Dory!

Love you both lots!!!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Nice post Mary Anne! Not that I'm biased or anything. It was so great to see you.

Annette said...

As a very unbiased grandmother I have to say this IS the cutest baby ever. She sure brought a lot of love and happiness to our family during this sad time. Thanks for posting these great pictures!!!

Mary Anne said...

Lisa, of course you're not biased. You're incredibly biased, J/K. Aw, it was way fun to see you too!

Mom, she really is the cutest baby in the whole world--just a proven fact. Sure. Thanks for lending your photo-taking device.

Lori said...

So super cute!!!!!!! You should brag about her, she is darling :) Hey, I linked your bloggity blog up to my side-bar on my blog. Hope you don't mind. I didn't know you were a blogger! Later. . .

Mary Anne said...

Thank, Lori. She's super-deluxely darling!

Are you kidding!? Please link my blog! I'm ecstatic to have anyone look at it!

Well, I'm attempting to blog. Hm. For some reason I thought you'd already commented on here. Super sweet!

Dad said...

Mary Annie,
You were such a good friend and grandaughter to Grandma and she will always love and remember you. I love what you and Lisa said about her in your blogs and know just how much she meant to you girls. She was so much to so many! Like you mother, she was one of the most genuine people I ever knew and she will be dearly missed. I love too how you have Dory pictured here in her infantile innocence, as a sweet way to remember Grandma Doris for all the rest of your life. I love you, your energy, your unsinkable sense of humor, just like your mother and grandmother and I always, always will.
Love, Dad

Mary Anne said...

Thanks, Dad. This was such a sweet message to write to me. It really made my day. I sure love you to. Thank you for everyone thing you've done for me and the support and encouragement you always, always provide.

Love you so much!

Mary Anne