Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Santa Claus is Coming to Town!"

Okay, I was slightly admonished by my sister and mom for accidentally traumatizing some viewers yesterday with my previous post, so here's an attempt to sooth those people who were affected or deeply scarred by showing images of Santas who make me chuckle, smile, or sigh (in content, not exasperation).


(Also, without meaning to, this basically turned into a list of Christmas movies I love which contain Santas.)




If you haven't seen this movie, you're missing out--on wackiness.


All I can say is, whether you like, love, or hate him, you gotta see the nativity scene!

There really isn't a Santa in either Christmas episode, but they're both dang funny.

Here's another bizarre movie gem entitled Santa Claus--from Mexico, no less! The toy cat on wheels must be viewed! There's even a main character named Pitch who's a devil.


This is such a cute, clever little made-for-tv and adapted-from-a-children's-book cartoon called Olive the Other Reindeer. I like the animation and the way Santa looks a little less traditional.

Clark Griswold. What more can I say?



I tried desperately to find a better picture of the Santa from this (Frosty the Snowman). I liked this version because he wasn't ho, ho, hoing constantly, and was more wise but also kind at the same time.



The Pee-Wee Herman Christmas Special: "Thank you, Santa. You're the best!"

"I know you are, but what am I?"

Altogether, this show is to-the-brim with celebrity guest appearances and off-the-wall nuttiness. Also, it's incredibly funny!




If I have to tell you what this is from, you should get off my blog NOW before I find you.


Anyways, one of my all-time-favorite Santas--despite him being non-human.

You're probably wondering why this isn't in the creepy Santa post. Well, perhaps he's creepy to you, but I happen to love The Nightmare Before Christmas. If you've ever seen it, you know his looks are very deceiving--especially when he tries to be "Sandy Claws."


Anyways, one of my all-time-favorite Santas--despite him being dead.




I've always liked the Coca-Cola Santa. He's just a happy, warm looking guy.




Okay, this is really cute.

I lied, this is far cuter!


"Papa Elf" from Elf. I liked his portrayl: slightly grumpy, but good-hearted.




He may have a huge head, but he gave Rudolph his first major break.




And, of course, the best to me is Homer Simpson working as a shopping mall Santa in the episode Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire. A very funny, honest, and sweet take on a family getting ready for Christmas.

3 comments:

redheadsmom said...

I think you covered all the bases there!

Unknown said...

That is awesome!!! Nightmare Before Christmas is by far the best Santa. I mean come on!! You have a singing skeleton that is semi hot!! It might be because he's danny elfman, but that just makes it all the better.

redheadsmom said...

Hey, my blog just went private. Send your e-mail to me at butterfliesandracecars@gmail.com